Friday 5 August 2011

Reverse Thinspo: What I Have to Say, Sue Me

I have a bone to pick.

Normally I don’t do this, as I don’t like to get too personal with my blogs and what not. I don’t spout my opinion on something quite so controversial a lot because, quite frankly the only thing I really want to discuss on this blog are fashion related items and queries. I’m basically here to talk about the fashion world and it’s trends. I’m here to get my writing out there, create a platform, yadda yadda. You know, the norm.

But today, something came to my attention.

Reverse Thinspo. We all know what thinspo is, basically pictures of skinny (and sometimes emaciated) young women that are posted with the intention to help you focus on a weight loss goal, and honestly I have no problem with this at all. If you need to look at someone who is thinner than you for inspiration, then all the power to you, just please diet healthy.

What bothers me is Reverse Thinspo. Which is pictures of women who are obese or sometimes slightly overweight. What bothers me about it, are the pictures of girls who posted those pictures of themselves on their personal tumblrs, or personal facebooks and are now being posted on these Reverse Thinspo sites because someone petty enough decided that they weren’t their ideal vision of beauty.

I only have one thing to say about this:

You may be insecure about yourself, and you may feel the need to put down your own body, but stop projecting and putting down other people’s bodies. You only see flaws in theirs because you see the same flaws in your own. Newsflash, you may be skinny in 2 months, but you’re still going to be ugly.

Personality is what wins out when it comes to scoring a quality dude, scoring a quality job and scoring quality friends. Not being skinny. You’ll just be another skinny bitch; the same kind of skinny bitch that put you down when you were overweight too.

Have fun being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment